Italy-based luxury design studio ARES recently built a one-off Tesla Model S convertible for a customer. To make this a reality, they had mechanics remove the roof, rear doors and the B-pillars to facilitate longer front doors. Next, Centro Stile had to design a new rear bonnet with plenty of space for the roof when it’s stowed away in open-top mode. Finishing things off, the team added a carbon fiber body kit.
Maintaining structural integrity wasn’t the easiest of tasks, but their engineers reinforced the chassis by strengthening the side members, beneath the cockpit as well as the rear seat area. The luxury doesn’t stop there, as when you step inside, you’ll notice that the seats and other interior parts have been reupholstered in hand-stitched ice white leather, complete with orange detailing.
- Unleash hours of fun with the LEGO Off-Road Buggy (42124) building kit. This RC Off-Road Buggy car is packed with features inspired by the original 1980s RC toy cars
- Amazing tricks are easy to perform thanks to the car’s front and rear suspension, massive tires and angled front
- Download the free CONTROL+ app to add a new dimension to this remote-control buggy. Use the app to control the car, perform stunts and unlock challenges, sound effects and more
- This Off-Road Buggy is an awesome gift for kids aged 10 and up. Adults who remember the classic 1980s RC toy cars will love it too, making it a fun experience for all generations to enjoy together
- Check out the retro color scheme, complete with 1980s-inspired sticker details
At ARES, our Co-create philosophy allows clients to work side by side with our designers and engineers to create their very own bespoke vehicle, a service that is unique to ARES. This Tesla project is a superb example of this; it was a pure coachbuilding project which we very much enjoy doing and seeing the results of our uncompromising standards,” said Dany Bahar, ARES Design Co-founder and CEO.