The BMW Theater Screen basically puts a private cinema into the backseat of select vehicles, complete with a panorama 8K display in 32:9 format. For an even more enjoyable experience, BMW is partnering with Amazon to fully integrate the Fire TV experience within the Theater Screen system.
Once My Mode Theater is activated, the screen moves out of the headliner, complete with a sound experience created exclusively for this purpose by renowned film music composer Hans Zimmer, which ends at the precise moment when the screen reaches its final position. Roller sunblinds for the side windows and the rear window are automatically closed, while the ambient lighting in the rear of the vehicle is dimmed.
- AOC 32" (31. 5" viewable) widescreen monitor with 4K UHD 3840x2160 resolution
- Super-Curve 1500R VA panel that displays more accurate colors with wide-viewing angles that comform better to the natural curvature of your eyes
- Super-Color Wide color gamut with 121% sRGB, 90% Adobe RGB and 89. 8% DCI-P3 area coverage for truer colors, ideal for graphics intensive work and viewing sessions
- LowBlue mode that reduces the amount of harmful blue spectrum of light to help prevent damages. Powersource 100 - 240V 50/60Hz
- FlickerFree panel that displays video signal without flickering backlighting for comfortable viewing without fatigue
We develop immersive, digital experiences for sheer driving pleasure. In Theatre Mode, the rear of the interior is transformed into a private cinema lounge. With the 31 inch display, 5G connectivity, 8K resolution, surround sound and individual streaming program, an unprecedented experience is created that sets new standards for in-car entertainment,” said Frank Weber, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG Development.