Blue Origin’s foundation Club for the Future has partnered with Estes Industries to launch a series of New Shepard model rockets and educational content to inspire the next generation of space explorers. The first one will launch in November, priced at $69.99, and is a functional 1/66th scale replica.
Officially called the Estes New Shepard, this fully reusable rocket follows the same flight profile as its real-life counterpart, complete with being payload-capable. That’s not all, the rocket also separates from the booster near its apogee of almost 400-feet before parachuting back to Earth for a gentle touchdown. Each model includes a Club for the Future postcard for kids to draw or write their vision of how they envision the future of space exploration.
- Take a journey of exploration with this LEGO NASA Space Shuttle Discovery (10283) model building kit for adults
- Enjoy hours of immersive building as you create both the Space Shuttle Discovery and the Hubble Space Telescope from NASA’s 1990 STS-31 mission
- Check out all the authentic features, including the opening payload bay, retractable landing gear, opening cockpit, moving elevons, space arm, plus 5 seats for the crew
- The Hubble Space Telescope LEGO build features movable solar panels and a hatch door, just like on the real thing
- Looking for the best gifts for adults who love a creative project? This space shuttle model will appeal to space enthusiasts and anyone wanting an immersive building challenge, making it a great gift
The Estes and Club for the Future collaboration is the next exciting step in Estes’s long legacy of supporting STEM education, and the Estes New Shepard is the perfect vehicle to inspire future generations,” said Mallory Langford, President, Estes Industries.