The Ferrari 488 Pista is basically a track-focused variant of the original, complete with several mechanical and exterior modifications. Its twin-turbocharged 3.9L V8 engine now produces 710 hp and 568 lb⋅ft of torque, thanks to new camshafts, a larger intercooler, strengthened pistons, titanium connecting rods and Inconel exhaust manifolds in the engine sourced from the 488 Challenge, mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. One thing you don’t want to do as a new owner is floor it on a local road.
Since power is only sent to the rear wheels, it’s quite easy to lose traction with all of that torque and the race mode turned on with traction control switched off. Unfortunately, this one-day-old Ferrari 488 Pista met its demise when its owner decided to show off and proceed to lose control before crashing into the side of the road. Fortunately, nobody was seriously injured.
- Immerse yourself in the exciting world of endurance racing, creating your own displayable LEGO Technic model version of the iconic Ferrari 488 GTE racing car
- Authentic features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons and functioning steering wheel
- With original race stickers and a faithful color scheme, the LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125) will take pride of place in the home or office of any motorsport fan
- A rewarding building project for adults and an inspired birthday or special occasion gift for anyone who loves endurance racing, Ferrari racing cars and motorsport
- Model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19 in. (48 cm) long and 8.5 in. (21 cm) wide