A non-fungible token (NFT) is essentially unit of data on a digital ledger called a blockchain, with each one representing a unique digital item, including art, audio, videos, video game items, and now, augmented reality homes. Artist Krista Kim recently sold “Mars House,” an NFT-minted digital house for 288 ether, currently valued at over $450,000 USD. This is one part of the artist’s grand vision for the role augmented reality will play in the world.
While not a real house, this NFT house is unique and includes a 3D file of the residence which can be uploaded to multiple metaverses, or immersive worlds. Need some help getting settled in? It includes full tech support and even a relaxing soundtrack composed by the Smashing Pumpkins’s Jeff Schroeder. There may come a time to actually sell the home, and to do so, the NFT must be deleted from the current owner’s metaverse, complete with proof that the artist can verify.
- Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallet: allows you to send and receive crypto assets, securely and conveniently. Your Ledger hardware wallet can easily be connected into a computer and managed through the Ledger Live companion app. The Ledger Nano S keeps your private keys protected
- Secure: Your confidential data is never exposed: it is stored inside a strongly isolated Secure Chip, and locked by an 8 digit PIN code
- Multicurrency: enables you to manage multiple assets on the same device, and supports over 30 cryptocurrencies and all ERC20 tokens
- Easy to use: designed around an intuitive user experience. check and confirm transactions on the built-in display and confirm with using the two physical buttons (anti-malware second factor verification)
- Backup & restore: Your accounts are backed up on a recovery sheet, and can easily be restored on any Ledger device or compatible wallet (BIP39/BIP44)
Right now, a lot of the [NFT] art that’s currently available on platforms, it’s a very limited parameter of how you can present the art. It’s presented, basically, as a digital file, a beautiful drawing or video on your screen, but my intention was to look beyond that. For me, I actually foresee that we will be living in an augmented reality lifestyle within a very short period,” Kim said, predicting it could happen in “a couple years,” said Kim.