A non-fungible token (NFT) is essentially unit of data on a digital ledger called a blockchain, with each one representing a unique digital item, including art, audio, videos, video game items, and now, augmented reality homes. Artist Krista Kim recently sold “Mars House,” an NFT-minted digital house for 288 ether, currently valued at over $450,000 USD. This is one part of the artist’s grand vision for the role augmented reality will play in the world.
While not a real house, this NFT house is unique and includes a 3D file of the residence which can be uploaded to multiple metaverses, or immersive worlds. Need some help getting settled in? It includes full tech support and even a relaxing soundtrack composed by the Smashing Pumpkins’s Jeff Schroeder. There may come a time to actually sell the home, and to do so, the NFT must be deleted from the current owner’s metaverse, complete with proof that the artist can verify.
- Buy, exchange, sell and grow your crypto assets, easily and securely. One place for all your crypto needs.
- Reclaim power over your money: Combine the Ledger Nano S with the Ledger Live app for maximum security and control over your crypto. The Ledger Nano S keeps your coins offline and protected.
- All your crypto in one place: Install up to 3 applications on your device, depending on their size. Ledger Nano S supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar and many more. You can safely install and uninstall applications on your device to optimize your capacity needs.
- Simple and powerful to use: Download Ledger Live, then install crypto apps and create your account. Every transaction is confirmed on your hardware wallet, keeping your crypto secure.
- Ledger Nano S wallet is independently certified. Ledger Live’s backed up by the most trusted hardware wallet available. So you’re in full control.
Right now, a lot of the [NFT] art that’s currently available on platforms, it’s a very limited parameter of how you can present the art. It’s presented, basically, as a digital file, a beautiful drawing or video on your screen, but my intention was to look beyond that. For me, I actually foresee that we will be living in an augmented reality lifestyle within a very short period,” Kim said, predicting it could happen in “a couple years,” said Kim.