The Heinz Tomato Ketchup Marz Edition isn’t just a gimmick, as it uses real tomatoes grown in conditions similar to those found on Mars. This means that the Martian soil, temperature and even the water conditions were recreated here on Earth.
It was all made possible thanks to a 14-person astrobiology team from the Aldrin Space Institute at Florida Tech over the course of 9-months. They successfully yielded a crop of Heinz tomatoes, using the brand’s proprietary tomato seeds, with both taste and quality standards that match those found in the company’s other products. The sauce underwent extremely tough quality testing to become certified for production. There’s no word yet on pricing or availability.
- Build an exciting space shuttle toy model that offers plenty of imaginative action possibilities and a Mars rover with articulated grappling arm to retrieve geodes!
- Includes 2 LEGO City Mars astronaut minifigures, plus a helidrone and storage drone
- Research shuttle measures over 3” (9cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide Mars rover measures over 1” (5cm) high, 2” (7cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide Helidrone measures over 1” (4cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide Storage drone measures over 1” (3cm) high and 1” (3cm) long Mars scenery build measures over 1” (3cm) wide
- 273 pieces –Astronaut construction toy for boys and girls aged 5+ and for fans of LEGO toys and kids of all ages
- This LEGO City Mars Research Shuttle 60226 outer space toy set makes a great gift for kids and can be built together with all other original LEGO toys and LEGO bricks for more creative play
In space we have a saying, ‘it’s not about the food it’s about the sauce’ – we could choose what food we wanted to eat up there but lots of the dishes came dehydrated and a little bit bland, so a good dollop of sauce always made your meals delicious, which started my love for Heinz Tomato Ketchup,” said Mike Massimino, former NASA astronaut.