It’s official, Hi Fly has successfully landed an Airbus A340 in Antarctica for the first time ever. The aircraft was piloted by Captain Carlos Mirpuri from Cape Town to Antarctica and back, a journey that totaled 2,500 nautical miles that entailed flying for just over five hours each way.
The aircraft was chosen for the trip due to its high reliability, comfort and excellent safety record, making it ideal to perform exceptionally in this extreme environment. That is not including its exceptional range and four engine redundancy, as those contributed to a shorter turnaround in Antarctica than expected of three hours.
- Noise cancelling earbuds – Engineered with the world’s most effective noise cancelling. Bose controllable noise cancellation and full Transparency Mode allow you to eliminate distractions, let your surroundings in, or a little bit of each.
- High-fidelity audio – An exclusive acoustic architecture brings your music, podcasts, and videos to life, while Volume-optimized Active EQ keeps the sound crisp and balanced at any level.
- Comfortable wireless earbuds – Three sizes of StayHear Max eartips are included for a secure fit. Crafted from soft silicone, they provide passive noise blocking with total comfort.
- Simple touch controls – It’s as easy as tap, swipe, or press. Control your noise cancellation settings, pause, play, and volume right from the side of the earbud itself. Enable it all in the Bose Music app.
- Noise-rejecting microphones – Tiny microphones work together to focus on your voice, filtering out surrounding noises for fewer distractions during phone calls.
The turnaround time was much less time than the planned 3 hours. Our Flight Ops and ground ops did an impeccable job and so did our engineers. A true winning team. Equipped for extreme cold we venture outside, greeted people, seen details and places of the runway for a better confidence in the system put in place. All looks good to launch repeatable operations to and from Antarctica,” said the captain.