Can’t get your hands on a decent graphics card due to the semiconductor shortage and want to mine cryptocurrency at home? Well, there’s an alternative, and it’s called CHIA. This coin may not have the market cap of bitcoin or ethereum, but it has already exceed 3 exabytes in netspace, or the space allocated to the network.
This cryptocurrency is based on two main pillars: blockchain and the use of green technologies. The latter is true because instead of video cards and dedicated mining machines, it uses hard disks, which means far less electricity is consumed. The network proposes to use a new rule called POST, which stands for Proof of Space and Time, or a hybrid of the two technologies. Proof of Space basically uses the free space of SSD or HDD drives, while the second means that you don’t need a multi-computer farm for block validation on the CHIA network since the fastest device will always perform this operation.
- System: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz (4.2GHz Max Turbo) | 8GB DDR4 RAM | 240GB SSD | Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Graphics: NVIDIA GT 730 2GB Video Card | Display Connectors - VGA, DVI-I, & HDMI
- Connectivity: 4 x USB 3.0 | 2 x USB 2.0 | 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000 | Audio: 7.1 Channel
- Special Add-Ons: Tempered Glass RGB Gaming Case | 802.11AC Wi-Fi Included | 16 Color RGB Lighting Case | Free iBuyPower Gaming Keyboard & RGB Gaming Mouse | No Bloatware
- Warranty: 1 Year Parts & Labor + Free Lifetime US Tech Support | Assembled in the U.S.A