Apple revealed the second-generation iPhone SE today, and it builds upon its predecessor without straying from its budget-priced roots. Featuring a 4.7-inch Retina HD display, TouchID, an Apple-designed A13 Bionic, and a single 12-megapixel f/1.8 aperture Wide camera on the rear. The camera uses the image signal processor and the A13 Bionic’s Neural Engine for computational photography, including Portrait mode, all six Portrait Lighting effects and Depth Control.
The biggest upgrade is the A13 Bionic, which has a dedicated 8-core Neural Engine capable of performing 5 trillion operations per second, two Machine Learning Accelerators on the CPU and a new Machine Learning Controller to balance performance and efficiency. The A13 Bionic and iOS 13 combined enable new intelligent apps that make use of machine learning and Core ML. Available in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB models in black, white and (PRODUCT)RED, prices start at $399 when it hits stores on April 24.
- This phone is unlocked and compatible with any carrier of choice on GSM and CDMA networks (e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, US Cellular, Cricket, Metro, Tracfone, Mint Mobile, etc.).
- Tested for battery health and guaranteed to have a minimum battery capacity of 80%.
- Successfully passed a full diagnostic test which ensures like-new functionality and removal of any prior-user personal information.
- The device does not come with headphones or a SIM card. It does include a generic (Mfi certified) charger and charging cable.
- Inspected and guaranteed to have minimal cosmetic damage, which is not noticeable when the device is held at arm's length.
The first iPhone SE was a hit with many customers who loved its unique combination of small size, high-end performance and affordable price; the new second-generation iPhone SE builds on that great idea and improves on it in every way — including our best-ever single-camera system for great photos and videos — while still being very affordable,” said Phil Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.