Photo credit: Tom Wood ©2011 Courtesy of RM Auctions
The Lamborghini Athon is one supercar you probably never knew existed, and that’s because it’s a one-off concept designed by Bertone in 1980. Not just a shell, this vehicle has a functional 3.0 L DOHC V8 engine generating 260 hp at 7,500 rpm and 237 lb-ft of torque, mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
Other features include a suspension with independent wry coil springs and telescopic shock absorbers and Campagnolo cast magnesium pneumatically actuated brakes. It weighs in at just 2,390-pounds, complete with a 21.1-gallon fuel tank. The engine enables it to hit 60 mph in 7.3-seconds and top out at 170 mph. Believe it or not, Lamborghini actually sold the one and only Athon at the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este on May 21, 2011 for $487,000 USD. One thing you may not know is that the Athon was built during Lamborghini’s financial crisis, and the attention and press this vehicle brought might have saved it from liquidation.
- The perfect gift for car lovers and future engineers! Build and experience a quintessential collectible sports car – the LEGO Technic Bugatti Chiron! Developed in partnership with Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S, this is a faithful recreation of the real car
- The Bugatti advanced model car build is created with 3599 pieces and features a classic duo-tone blue color scheme, This set is the perfect addition to any adult or teen's car collection and can be played with or used for display
- This 1:8 scale Bugatti Chiron race car model features an active rear wing, 8-speed gearbox with paddle gear shift, W16 engine, steering wheel, suspension and spoked rims and comes in luxurious box packaging with a collector's booklet
- The LEGO Technic Bugatti Chiron model car building kit can be built together with all LEGO Technic sets and LEGO bricks for creative construction and extended play
- The Bugatti model car measures over 5 inches (14cm) high, 22 inches (56cm) long and 9 inches (25cm) wide