The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 2 is set for release as a DLC for the Nintendo Switch on August 4th. Featuring the Sky-High Sundae course, which makes its first appearance in the Mario Kart series, along with the neon lights of New York Minute from the Mario Kart Tour mobile game as well as a giant pinball machine in the DS Waluigi Pinball course.
You also get the Turnip Cup and the Propeller Cup, both of which contain familiar courses that have appeared in the Mario Kart series across the Super NES, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo 64, Nintendo DS, Wii and Mario Kart Tour games. Best of all, they can be played locally or online. Which one are we most excited for? N64 Kalimari Desert, mainly because players encounter an old-fashioned steam locomotive that crosses the course.
- 7-inch OLED screen - Enjoy vivid colors and crisp contrast with a screen that makes colors pop
- Wired LAN port - Use the dock’s LAN port when playing in TV mode for a wired internet connection
- 64 GB internal storage - Save games to your system with 64 GB of internal storage
- Enhanced audio – Enjoy enhanced sound from the system’s onboard speakers when playing in Handheld and Tabletop modes.
- Wide adjustable stand – Freely angle the system’s wide, adjustable stand for comfortable viewing in Tabletop mode. Nintendo Switch – OLED Model supports all Joy-Con controllers and Nintendo Switch software
Wave 2 will join Wave 1, which is already available and features eight courses, including Wii Coconut Mall, N64 Choco Mountain, 3DS Toad Circuit, DS Shroom Ridge and GBA Sky Garden, as well as Ninja Hideaway, Paris Promenade and Tokyo Blur from Mario Kart Tour. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass includes six separate waves, with eight courses each, which will all be released by the end of 2023,” said Nintendo.