Photo credit: Aldekas Studio
The Volkswagen Beetle is essentially a two-door, rear-engine economy car, with seating for up to five occupants, that was manufactured from 1938 until 2003. Over the years, its design has remained consistent, but Aldekas Studio had other things in mind for the iconic vehicle. How so? They used a fender as well as a few other parts from a VW Beetle to create ‘Bugkart Wasowski,’ or a small go-kart to be more specific.
The fenders, headlights, and turn signals were welded together form a kart that somewhat resembles the original vehicle’s shape. It was then painted in a retro olive green, complete with a red frame, to add give it extra flair. Since a go-kart doesn’t use a full-sized steering wheel, the team added motorcycle-like handlebars, complete with the original chrome side mirrors.
- Build the world’s most popular car, packed with authentic 1960’s details!
- Includes curved fenders, distinctive hubcaps, round headlights, wing-mounted turn signals, surfer accessories, opening hood, trunk and doors
- LEGO Creator Expert building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- The Beetle is over 5” high, 11” long and 4” wide
- 1167 pieces – For LEGO fans over 16 years old