Mercedes-AMG teamed up with will.i.am to unveil “WILL.I.AMG”, a one-off vehicle to promote technology skills for future generations. To make it a reality, West Coast Customs took an AMG GT four-door and transformed it into a futuristic vehicle, complete with suicide doors. It was built for Will.i.am’s “The Flip” initiative, which aims to give more students from disadvantaged communities access to STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math).
It made its public debut at the Formula 1 Grand Prix USA in Miami, Florida this past weekend. “WILL.I.AMG” was influenced by design elements of the G-Class as well as the iconic SLS Gullwing. Want to see how it was made? Mercedes-AMG filmed an extensive six- part documentary series, called “DRIVE”, that is set to premiere in Cannes during the 2022 film festival.
- LEGO recreations of the Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance and Mercedes-AMG Project One – 2 replica models for kids and car fans with a passion for vehicles that push the limits of race car innovation
- What’s in the box? – All you need to build a LEGO recreation of the Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance and AMG Project One, plus 2 driver minifigures, each with a racing helmet, wig and wrench
- Collect, play and display – This winning combination is great for display and epic Speed Championsrace action
- A gift for any occasion – This 564-piece LEGO Speed Champions Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance & Mercedes-AMG Project One (76909) building set is designed for car and race fans aged 9 and up
- Easy to carry and store – The Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance model measures over 1.5 in. (4cm) high, 7.5 in. (19cm) long and 2.5 in. (7cm) wide
Our cooperation with will.i.am has reached a new peak with ‘The Flip’. We have inspired and motivated each other in the realization of this holistic concept, which is far more than an exceptional automotive one-off. We take our responsibility to society seriously. The success of Mercedes-AMG as a Performance Luxury brand also depends to a large extent on inspiring the next generation and giving them easy access to the latest technologies and digital progress. It is part of our tradition to always be pioneers and to dare to do something new,” said Philipp Schiemer, Chairman of the Board of Management of Mercedes-AMG GmbH.