The Mercedes-Benz SUSTAINEER is unlike any other urban van that you’ve probably come across, as it features fine particle filters on the front module and underbody that are designed to reduce emissions by more than 50%. It uses energy from the solar roof to extend its range by several thousand kilometers per year.
Mercedes-Benz collaborated with filtration specialists MANN + HUMMEL to develop to two fine particulate filters, along with low- emission, low-wear brake discs, and tires, all optimized for rolling resistance, thus reducing levels of noise as well as wear. Plus, you’ll also find extremely flat solar panels on the roof, which produce a maximum peak power of 850 Watts (Wp) on a surface of 51.7 square feet. This system is permanently active and continuously generates energy when the ignition is switched off.
- 25000mAh High Capacity: The solar power bank charges up 8-10 times for your phone and 3-4 times for your tablet, and it can be used for 9 days on average per charge.
- 4 Large Solar Panels: This solar charger comes with 4 high-performance solar panels that can reach 6W in direct sunlight to keep your phone up and running even in places without electricity.
- Dual Fast Charging USB Outputs: The solar phone charger can charge 2 devices simultaneously at 2.1A high speed. Auto-detect your devices' current to pair the optimal output, protecting your devices from over-current, overcharge, overheat and short circuit.
- Built for Outdoors: Rugged construction is dust, shock and splash resistant, you can hang it on a backpack or put it in a bag when camping, hiking. Built in LED flashlight with three modes, perfect for power outages and other emergencies.
- Two Recharging Ways: The solar power charger can be charged not only by sunlight, but also by the USB cable we provided, which is very convenient for daily use.
The SUSTAINEER unites innovative solutions for three important objectives that are key to a sustainable, electric and digital future. First, they make life in our cities cleaner, quieter, safer and simpler. Secondly, they conserve resources and protect the environment, and third, they safeguard drivers and other road users. The innovations installed in the technology demonstrator have been developed with a view to their future series implementation at Mercedes-Benz Vans,” said Ulf Zillig, Head of Development and Product Development Mercedes-Benz Vans.