Mercedes-Benz and of Off-White Virgil Abloh have unveiled Project Geländewagen, a one-off art piece of sorts based on the G-Class. Starting from the outside, the paintwork was partially sanded by hand to create a sense of timeless simplicity. while the welds are key design motifs and the indicators, outside mirrors as well as the bumper bar have all been removed, To give it a more aggressive stance, the has also been widened and lowered.
Inside, everything was stripped back, keeping the safety frame as the central motif. The dashboard has been replaced with a minimalist version, complete with an analogue speedometer and fuel gauges, reminiscent of what you would find in a classic car. This vintage look contrasts with the F1-inspired steering wheel and seats. Many of the safety features and key racing elements, like the safety frame or the five point racing harness, are accented in baby blue and bright red tones.
- Build the classic 1962 camper van packed with authentic features!
- Includes “V” shaped color split, “splittie” safari windshield, pop-up roof, textile curtains, “boxer” engine, wing mirrors and folding furniture
- LEGO Creator Expert building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- Designed for Lego 10220, with this light kit, you can bring your volkswagen T1 camper van from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights, strip light, expansion boards,connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included) and instruction.
My ultimate goal in this project with Mercedes-Benz is inspiring young artists, engineers, designers to question the status quo, in addition to experimenting with my own design abilities. For me it’s all about providing opportunities for those coming after me and giving this next generation a foundation for success, both here with Mercedes-Benz and through my own Virgil Abloh ‘Post-Modern’ Scholarship Fund,'” said Virgil Abloh.