The virtual Facebook Connect livestream is set to air live on Wednesday, September 16th, but the company’s upcoming Oculus Quest 2 VR headset has leaked ahead of that event. It’s powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon XR2 platform, an almost 4K display that offers 50 percent more pixels than its predecessor, 6GB of RAM, up to 256GB of internal storage, 3D positional audio, and controller-free hand tracking.
Other improvements include a headset equipped with new soft touch straps and more ergonomic controllers. This headset can be used without a computer or with one via Oculus Link. Pricing has not yet been officially announced, but it’s expected to start at $299.99 for the base model.
- Top VR gaming library: Blast, slash and soar your way through the top library in VR gaming. Oculus Rift S lets you play hundreds of games and exclusives already available in the Oculus store, with so much more to come.
- Improved optics: Stare down the competition with next-generation lenses and a sharper display. Improved optics deliver bright, vivid colors and reduced “screen-door” effect.
- Ergonomic design: Keep your head in the game thanks to a Halo headband redesigned with speed in mind. Rift S stays securely and comfortably in place with a quick twist of the fit wheel, so it can take-or double take-your fastest reactions.
- Oculus touch controllers: Arm yourself with our updated Oculus touch controllers. Your slashes, throws and grab appear in VR with intuitive, realistic precision, transporting your hands and gestures right into the game.
- Oculus insight tracking: take a step forward with Oculus insight. It translates your movements into VR No matter which way you're facing and provides room-scale tracking without external sensors.
Whether you’re new to VR or already a pro, this is your introduction to Oculus’ most advanced all-in-one VR system yet: Quest 2,” said the official video description on Facebook Blueprint.