Photo credit: Evan Blass
The Ray-Ban x Facebook smartglasses are presumably going to be announced some time today, but images, courtesy of technology leaker Evan Blass, have already surfaced ahead of their official reveal. Available in Wayfarer, Round and Meteor models, these appear to have camera sensors on both left and right sides.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg stated that smartglasses would launch in 2021, and unfortunately, these will most likely not have any AR (Augmented Reality) features. Facebook Reality Labs VP Andrew Bosworth appeared to be wearing a prototype pair of these Ray-Ban smartglasses while on vacation, but we do not get to see any footage he may have captured. How much will these cost? Well, considering that Snapchat’s Spectacles 3 runs around $380 USD, these might retail around $399 USD, or slightly more, depending on the model / options.
- OPEN-EAR DESIGN - Patented bone conduction technology delivers audio through the cheekbone, keeping you connected and aware of your surroundings.
- DESIGNED FOR LONG-TERM WEAR - The new, organic, wraparound headphone design is 20% lighter than its counterpart Titanium to deliver unnoticeable all-day comfort. The six-hour continuous use battery life further supports long-term wear.
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY - Wireless headset with Bluetooth v4.2 connectivity and convenient multipoint pairing. Air is compatible with your iOS and Android Bluetooth-ready smartphones or tablets and Mac and PC computers and laptops.
- PREMIUM AUDIO - These innovative AfterShokz earphones offer PremiumPitch technology for wide dynamic range and rich bass, Leakslayer technology to reduce natural sound leakage, and dual noise-canceling mics.
- VISIBILITY ON-THE-GO - Reflective strips easily adhere to bikes, helmets, shoes, and more. Designed to be visible from up to 500+ feet at night and blend into clothes and gear during the day. Made with durable reflective material.