University of Tokyo researchers have developed an inflatable electric bike that could change the way you travel, and it’s called Poimo (Portable and Inflatable Mobility). When not in use, it can be stored away in a backpack, but should the occasion arise, the bike can be quickly inflated with a small pump.
Don’t let its inflatable design fool you, this bike is not only comfortable, but extremely safe as well, and it can be quickly deflated again and packed away once you arrive at your destination. This is made possible due to its thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) construction, which makes it extremely customizable.
- Revolutionary Upgrade of Electric Scooters: With powerful 350W motor, Segway Ninebot MAX can reach to 18. 6 mph, travel up to 40. 4 miles and max load of 220 lbs. Our Smart Battery Management System assures the battery safety and extends the battery life, Input Voltage 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz
- Portable Folding Design: One-step folding system for easy portability. Segway Ninebot MAX electric scooter can be folded with ease in mere 3 seconds. Carry it on public transportation, store it in your car and any destination you desire effortlessly.
- Safe & Comfortable Riding: the mechanical and electrical Anti-Lock braking system ensure braking safety. Front and rear wheel shock absorbers equipped with self-healing 10-inch pneumatic tires provide max comfort, even on rough surfaces or speed bumps.
- Innovative & Superior Technology: With the LED display, bluetooth capabilities, cruise control, select riding modes and mobile app connectivity for additional security, firmware updates and more. Built-in charger, only use one cord for fast charging.
- Quality Assurance: Ninebot KickScooter MAX by Segway is designed to be the most sturdy and powerful electric scooter. One-year or 180-day for different parts, please refer to information in product details below.
Once removed from the backpack, it takes just one minute to inflate Poimo to a stable operating pressure, which is approximately 40 or 50 kPa (6 or 7 psi). After inflation, you’ll have to install the rigid components, including the wheels, brushless motor, battery as well as a handlebar-integrated wireless controller, all in a 5.5 kilogram package.