Photo credit: Mathieu Bonnevie | Porsche
What better way to kick off the 24 Hour Le Mans Season Opener than by driving the new safety car, a Porsche Taycan Turbo, from the automaker’s experience center in Hockenheim? That’s exactly what happened, using the vehicle’s battery-electric all-wheel-drive drivetrain with a permanent-magnet synchronous motor on each axle generating 671 hp and 627 lb-ft of torque. Thanks to Porsche Destination Charging, making sure the Taycan is charged was a breeze. Guests of selected hotels, golf courses and marinas can also access these 1,000+ charging points across 20 countries.
The safety car safely arrived in Le Mans, France, Porsche’s second home, where Porsche Works drivers have stood atop of the podium at least 19 times since the first overall victory in 1970. When all was said and done, the Porsche Taycan traveled nearly 500-miles on this trip, with several rest stops and to charge.
- Build and explore the LEGO Technic Porsche 911 RSR—an icon of innovative engineering and design
- Features aerodynamic bodywork, black spoked rims, working differential and steering, independent suspension and a six-cylinder boxer engine
- Open the doors to access a radar screen, working steering, fire extinguisher system and a track map of the Laguna Seca
- USAGE: The Light Set is used to light up Technic Porsche 911 RSR (NOT include the Lego Set).
- PORDUCT FEATURE: The Light is made use of original material purely handmade. It contains 1 USB Light kit ,Instruction guide, battery box. Plug in power, and light up your building blocks with our amazing design!
- TIPS: Prepare three AA Batteries, or USB Charger and Voltage should be less than 5V to avoid burning.
Like its predecessors, the first all-electric sports car from Porsche feels equally at home on the race track as it does on the road. All that remains to be done is to take the champagne crates out of the luggage compartment before the Porsche Taycan safety car sets off on its first outing in Le Mans on Saturday,” said the company.