Samsung’s all-new Freestyle was unveiled today at CES 2022, and it’s basically a portable projector, smart speaker and ambient lighting device all-in-one. Weighing in at less than 2-pounds, it’s capable of turning just about any flat surface into smart display, complete with a cradle that allows rotation of up to 180°.
Not only does it project a crystal-clear image on any surface, at any angle, up to 100 inches in size, it also comes eqiupped with a dual passive radiator that allows for clean and deeper bass without distortion as well as 360-degree sound radiation. Unlike traditional projectors, this one boasts Smart TV features available on Samsung Smart TVs, including built-in streaming services, mirroring and casting features. Don’t have a wall outlet? Freestyle supports USB-PD and 50W/20V output or above charging, so it can be taken anywhere. Available for pre-order now, priced at $899 USD.
- Remarkable Clarity and Contrast: DLP's advanced IntelliBright algorithms deliver a remarkably bright 100 ANSI-lumen image. (Recommended for use in dimmer environments.)
- 360° Speaker: Equipped with a powerful omnidirectional speaker, this mini projector pumps out sound all around.
- Home Entertainment: Enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows, and more up to 100 inches big anywhere in your home thanks to Capsule’s soda can-sized design.
- Android 7.1: Run streaming and media apps flawlessly. Seamlessly display content from Netflix, Youtube, and more on your mini projector for endless entertainment.
- NOTE: Copyrighted content from Hulu, Netflix, and similar services CAN NOT be mirrored or screencast. Download and use the apps directly through Capsule portable projector to view copyrighted content from these providers. Chromecast is not supported. For peak performance, please update to the latest firmware.
The Freestyle is a one-of-a-kind projector geared towards ultimate versatility and flexibility to meet the consumers’ changing lifestyles. Without the limitation in space and form factor, The Freestyle is a fun and versatile device that can be used in any way consumers prefer,” said Simon Sung, Executive Vice President and Head of the Sales & Marketing Team of the Visual Display Business at Samsung Electronics.