Australia-based Engenuity Solutions has created the world’s largest wave pool, and it’s called Surf Lakes. The system consists of “5 waves technology” with a piston-shaped wave-generating mechanism in the center. How does it work? A compressed air system makes the mechanism rise before it dives down into the water as it’s released, thus producing various types waves for surfers.
The mechanism’s shape allows the waves to break in all directions, which lets more surfers partake in the fun. What does it look like without water? The bottom features artificial reef breaks that produce five separate types of waves, with the sizes adjustable depending on how high the wave generator goes before dropping.
- Zig-zag spray pattern sprinkler system runs the length of the slide for awesome water coverage for great sliding, connects easily to a water hose
- Extra-thick, heavy-duty PVC, more than twice as thick as most lawn slides on the market
- Super-slick embossed PVC so no need to add soap, 8 inch high side-wall pontoon to keep the sliders and the water on the slide
- Comes with two 36"x24" Mega sleds to soften the impact on the ground when sliding and for a more slippery ride
- Customized connection system to connect as many slides together as you want, make your own 100-foot slide; Can connect to any of the other WOW 6x25’ Giant slides (Mega Slide, Strike Zone, Super Slide)
We need to ensure the wave machine can deliver hundreds of millions of waves every year for decades for people to enjoy, and for surf park owners to confidently build businesses and developments around. The data from the prototype testing is also being used to optimize the performance of the machine further, ensure ease of construction, improve power efficiencies and bring the highest standard of safety in design to every element,” said Dr. Chris Hawley, managing director of Engenuity Solutions.