Jimmie Luecke managed to become an oil millionaire after leaving his previous job as a highway patrol officer and then proceeded to investe most of his fortune in land outside the town of Smithville. It started out as a place to raise cattle, but by the late 1990’s, the heard had gotten so large that he needed to bulldoze more land for grazing, and thus the world’s largest signature was created.
He spelt his entire last name “LUECKE” with trees and it stretches approximately three miles on a plot of land near Buescher State Park, outside of Smithville. Each one of these letters measure thousands of feet high, and today, NASA uses this for astronauts to estimate the maximum resolution of cameras aboard the space shuttle.
- Bring to life the rocket launch that took humans to the moon with the meter-high (approximately 1: 110 scale) model rocket of the NASA Apollo Saturn V
- The Saturn V rocket kit includes 3 removable rocket stages (first, s-ii second, and s-ivb third) below the launch escape system, command and service module; Plus, there are 2 minifigures to accompany the Lunar Lander and splashdown rocket toy
- After building the Saturn V rocket, you can display the spacecraft horizontally with 3 stands; The Lunar Lander docks with the command and service modules while the Lunar Orbiter sends the rocket into space
- Recreate space adventures with this NASA toy and action figures based off of the included booklet about the manned Apollo Moon missions and the fan designers of this build and play set
- This spaceship toy measures over 39-inches (100cm) high and 6-inches (17cm) in diameter; It includes 1,969 pieces and is ideal for boys and girls 14 years or older
This giant signature also serves yet another purpose since the trees that make up the letters prevent soil erosion as well. Plus, since Luecke Farm is located directly along several major flight paths, many have captured it from their flights and posted those images on social media.