Photo credit: Radek Štěpán
Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa created the dearMoon project, a lunar tourism mission, that will make use of a SpaceX Starship on a private spaceflight for a single circumlunar trajectory around the Moon by 2023 at the earliest. However, NASA is sending astronauts on a lunar mission aboard the Starship HLS before that time, and the crew will may need a rover, possibly from Tesla. The Pandemax Concept by Radek Štěpán is what it could look like.
The Pandemax Concept keeps things simple with a glass canopy that opens up to reveal two seats for the driver and a passenger. As for wheels, the material may be similar to that of Curiosity where it’s made of aluminum, with cleats for traction and curved titanium springs for springy support. Whatever the production rover NASA decides to use, it will be launched into Earth orbit by Starship HLS using the SpaceX Super Heavy booster.
- Build a large multi-stage rocket and opening launch control tower with interactive play experience, plus a monorail system to transport astronauts from the tower to the training grounds and rocket!
- Includes 6 LEGO City minifigures: 2 astronauts, 2 scientists, Launch Director, ground crew technician and a robot figure, plus a space telescope, rover with articulated arm and a launchpad
- Rocket standing measures over 16” (42cm) high, 4” (11cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep Launch Control closed measures over 7” (18cm) high, 5” (13cm) wide and 5” (13cm) deep Launchpad with closed tower arms measures over 9” (24cm) high, 4” (12cm) wide and 4” (12cm) deep Monorail track measures over 3” (8cm) high,14” (36cm) long and 18” (47cm) wide
- 837 pieces – Inspired by NASA astronaut toy for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO City Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control 60228 NASA-inspired gift set makes a great gift for kids and can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for more creative play