Photo credit: Guinness World Records
Hamako Mori, also known as “Gamer Grandma,” is officially the world’s oldest gaming YouTuber, and with over 468,000 subscribers. She first started gaming 39 years ago on a “Cassette Vision” console that was released in Japan on July 30, 1981. Since then, she’s kept nearly ever consoles and she purchased over the years. Fast forward to 2015, and she launched her YouTube channel where she posts up to four videos a month.
Her favorite console right now is the PlayStation 4 because action games are her favorite, particularly Grand Theft Auto V. She compares that title to watching a film, and also because it has age restrictions, which means children can’t play it. Right now, she’s focusing on just making people happy after receiving many comments saying that just watching her videos gives them hope.
- 15.6" FHD IPS-Level 144Hz 72%NTSC Thin Bezel close to 100%Srgb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8G GDDR6
- Intel Core i7-10750H 2.6-5.0GHz Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201(2*2 ax)
- 512GB NVMe SSD 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2666MHz 2 Sockets Max Memory 64GB
- USB 3.1 Gen2 Type C *1 USB 3.2 Gen1 3 Steel Series per-Key RGB with Anti-Ghost key+ silver lining 720p HD Webcam
- Win10 Multi-language Giant Speakers 3W*2 6 cell (51Wh) Li-Ion 230W
It looked so much fun, and I thought it’s not fair if only children played it. I thought life would be more fun if I knew how to play it. So I started playing, at first while no one was watching,” said Hamako.