Photo credit: Ponte 516 Arouca
Measuring 1,692-feet long, Arouca 516 in Portugal is now the world’s longest pedestrian suspension bridge. It sits 574-feet above the Paiva River and is now open to the public, built at a cost of around $2.8-million USD. The structure itself is supported by two V-shaped concrete towers, and will takes approximately 10 minutes to cross. To keep guests safe, the floor and side railings are made of rugged metal grids, which also provide expansive views of mountains and river gorge.
Government officials hope this new attraction will bring more local as well as international tourists to the area, thus boosting the economy as they ease public health restrictions. According to Portugal authorities, the majority of the country will move from a “state of emergency” to “state of calamity.”
- This LEGO Paris toy model captures the Paris skyline and incorporates a number of Iconic French architecture attractions making it the perfect architecture building kit for children and adults alike
- This collectible toy city model includes a number of historic Paris skyline monuments including an Eiffel Tower model, an Arc de Triomphe model, the Louvre, Grand Palais, Champs-Elysées, and much more for fun kid and adult building.
- Architecture building kit lovers will adore this Paris skyline model, With over 600 pieces, this collectible toy transforms into a picturesque toy city that looks perfect on display as a centerpiece
- Designed for Lego 21044,with this light kit, you can bring your Lego Architecture Paris Skyline Collection 21044 from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights, strip light, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included), adhesive squares, and instruction.
Going through it will certainly be a remarkable and memorable experience. For those who have already done the Walkways, the bridge will be an excellent reason to return. Those who have not yet had the opportunity to travel, now have an additional reason to do so,” said the mayor of Arouca, Margarida Belém.