Jacob & Co. wants to put a miniature W16 engine from the Bugatti Chiron on your wrist, complete with moving pistons and a working crankshaft. It’s called the Bugatti Chiron Tourbillon, and at the press of a button, sixteen tiny pistons come to life inside the cylinders of a complex crankshaft milled from a single piece of steel so precise that it took three days alone to program the CNC machines to make it.
The animated component of the wristwatch has no horological purpose, but rather for aesthetics only. However, the motion of the engine drives two turbochargers on the case side that mimic those on the real-life Chiron’s engine block. Other features include two mainspring barrels – one to drive the automaton and the other to drive the movement – while the engine animation lasts approximately 20 seconds, and can be activated up to three times before its mainspring needs to be rewound.
- Officially licensed by Bugatti - 1:14 scaled back on the real Bugatti Chiron car; Bugatti model car measures 32.4x15.6x8.9cm; Color comes in blue/black.
- Full functions & 2.4GHz control system - Forward, reverse, stop, turn left & right; Great flexibility for turns; Speed 8.2kmh, remote range up to 15m; Frequency at 2.4GHz, you'll never get any radio interference, which enables multiple Bugatti cars to racing together at the same time and place.
- Striking interior/exterior - LED headlamps and taillights will be working as the Rastar rc car moves forward and reverses; features with 4-wheel independent suspension system, shock absorption, differential mechanism, silver rims wrapped in grip soft tires, steering wheel, realistic dashboard and etc.
- Batteries powered, NOT INCLUDED - Requires 5AA for the Bugatti Chiron model car and 2AA for the remote; Package includes 1 x Rastar rc Bugatti,1 x dual-grip remote-controller and 1 x user guide.
- Factory assembled, ready to run, easy to play; Manufactured by Rastar Group; Choose Rastar Official for remote, accessories, and better after-sale service; Perfect toy gifts for kids, boys, girls and adults.
The 578-component movement needs to be manually wound, with a one-minute tourbillon inclined on a 30-degree angle. The window to the tourbillon is inspired by Bugatti’s iconic horseshoe grill found on their many vehicles. The sides are handmade of sapphire crystal, thus letting you look into the mechanism. It can be customized in multiple colors to match your actual Bugatti Chiron, or set with gems. Jacob & Co will manufacture just 250 pieces worldwide, and price them at $280,000 each.