Let’s face it, most auto enthusiasts will never get the chance to drive a real F1 racecar, regardless of how wealthy they may be. However, if you fall into the latter group, there may be a solution. Introducing the Cranfield Full Motion + G-Force F1 Simulator, which recreates the racing experience at home. That’s right, you’ll be able to choose just about any car and build it to your desired specifications before hitting the circuits worldwide.
Just how realistic is this simulator? For starters, its composite single-seat chassis was formed from a real F1 racecar mold, customized to the customer, and equipped with an F1-style steering wheel as well as pedals. Powering this machine is a top-of-the-line PC, complete with a VR headset and a virtual 55-inch screen. There’s no word yet on pricing or availability, but you’re able to contact the company now to get a quote.
- COMPACT, EASY TO MOVE, EASY TO STORE AWAY
- GEAR SHIFTER MOUNT INCLUDED FOR EITHER LEFT OR RIGHT HAND SIDE USE
- ALL MOUNTING HARDWARE AND TOOLS INCLUDED. READY TO USE RIGHT OUT THE BOX
- ELECTRONIC CONTROLS AND ADD-ON OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES SOLD SEPARATE. DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURED WITH ATTENTION TO DETAIL IN USA
- Works on Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PC - Driving force is designed for the latest racing game titles for your Xbox Series X or Xbox One console. Add driving force to your controller selection and you may never want to race with a regular controller again. G920 driving force pro also works on PC with select titles
- Realistic force feedback - G920 driving force is engineered with dual-motor force feedback that is designed to realistically simulate the feel of your car and tires on every turn and type of terrain so you can sense under- or oversteer, drifting and more. With helical gears modeled after the gearing used in car transmissions, you get exceptionally smooth, quiet and precise steering action. Anti-backlash tensioning keeps the wheel and pedals tight, maximizing your control. Rotation: 900 degrees lock-to-lock. Hall-effect steering sensor
- Quality construction - With solid steel ball bearings in the wheel shaft and stainless steel paddle shifters and pedals, driving force is built for precision racing and long-lasting reliability. The wheel is covered in high-quality, hand-stitched leather, giving it the look and feel of a high-performance racecar wheel and giving you a more comfortable, durable experience. Durable built-in clamps and bolt points allow driving force to be mounted securely to a table or racing rig to minimize shifting or wobbling during aggressive maneuvers
- Easy-access game controls - The D-Pad and console buttons are conveniently located on the wheel for seamless access to racing controls, while the semi-automatic paddle shifters help you execute smooth, accurate gear transitions on hairpin turns and straightaways. Glass-filled nylon mounting clamps
- Responsive pedal unit - The G920 comes with a separate floor pedal unit that enables a more realistic body position for driving, so you can comfortably brake, accelerate and change gears like you would in an actual car. The nonlinear brake pedal mimics the performance of pressure-sensitive brake systems for a more responsive, accurate braking feel
Most simulators used in motorsport are little more than fairground rides. This system, however, uses a variety of carefully tailored inputs to the body’s sensory system, and the driver’s brain interprets these to be the result of real accelerations being applied to the body. If the brain believes it, simulation becomes reality and the training value is considerably enhanced,” said Ian Poll, emeritus professor of aerospace engineering at Cranfield University.