Photo credit: Salvatoreandrea Piccirillo
Between January 1954 and November 1960, Maserati built twenty-six examples of the 250F, and this race car was used in the 2.5L F1 races. It’s powered by a 2.5-litre Maserati A6 straight-six engine generating 220 hp, which helped it win a total of 8 races and 8 pole positions. Other notable features included ribbed 13.4-inch drum brakes, a wishbone independent front suspension, De Dion tube axle, Borrani 16″ / 17″ wheels wrapped in Pirelli Stella Bianca tires. Designer Salvatoreandrea Piccirillo gives us a modern take on this race car with the Neptune.
Unlike the original 250F, the Neptune has an all-electric drivetrain, similar to the ones found in Formula E race cars. The battery is located behind the front wheels, while aerodynamic body panels. complete with a large splitter, ensure that the vehicle has maximum downforce both on the straights and turns. Unfortunately, no power numbers were provided, but the sleek scissor doors more than make up for that.
- Immerse yourself in the exciting world of endurance racing, creating your own displayable LEGO Technic model version of the iconic Ferrari 488 GTE racing car
- Authentic features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons and functioning steering wheel
- With original race stickers and a faithful color scheme, the LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125) will take pride of place in the home or office of any motorsport fan
- A rewarding building project for adults and an inspired birthday or special occasion gift for anyone who loves endurance racing, Ferrari racing cars and motorsport
- Model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19 in. (48 cm) long and 8.5 in. (21 cm) wide