Erica, an AI-powered robot, has been cast in a $70-million science fiction movie titled “b.” The story follows a scientist who discovers dangers associated with a program he created to perfect human DNA and attempts to help the artificially intelligent woman he designed, escape. This robot was created in a joint project Japanese scientists Hiroshi Ishiguro and Kohei Ogawa.
In addition to creating Erica, Ishiguro and Ogawa have also taught the robot how to act by applying the principles of method acting to artificial intelligence. This was a necessary step because Erica has no life experiences, in which other method actors draw from.
- Builders of all ages will love building and coding their fully-functional robot to walk, talk, and even play games or complete tasks! This educational STEM robot toy makes engineering fun for everyone who builds it.
- LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 is built with 601 pieces and includes the intelligent EV3 Brick, 3 servo motors, plus color, touch and IR sensors. Connect with your smart device and download the free EV3 programmer app to control the robot!
- LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 comes with instructions for 17 different robotic designs, each with its own unique features. Builders can program their STEM robots to talk, walk, grab, shoot targets and more! Kids will love this creative and educational toy!
- LEGO MINDSTORMS building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building.The perfect tech toy if you want to build your own robot and explore endless learning activities
- The main robot, SPIK3R, is over 16” high, 14” long and 15” wide.
In other methods of acting, actors involve their own life experiences in the role. But Erica has no life experiences. She was created from scratch to play the role. We had to simulate her motions and emotions through one-on-one sessions, such as controlling the speed of her movements, talking through her feelings and coaching character development and body language,” said visual effects supervisor Sam Khoze.