Today, the LEGO Group announced the pre-order availability their newest interactive sets: Super Mario Adventures with Mario Starter Course ($59.99). These are the result of a collaboration with Nintendo, and all of them feature an interactive LEGO Mario figure capable of collecting coins in real-life game levels created with LEGO bricks, thus merging the physical and virtual worlds into one.
The LEGO Mario figure is the main highlight of the set, as it boasts LCD screens in his eyes, mouth and stomach, all of which are used to display various instant reactions to movement, color as well as action bricks. A speaker is included that plays the sounds and music you’ve become familiar with in the video game series.
- Build Tony Stark's Iron Man Hall of Armor with a rotating podium, detachable modules that can be combined and stacked in many different ways, plus a posable Igor Suit mech with minifigure cockpit and mobile robot toy
- This fun Marvel building toy includes 5 minifigures: Iron Man MK 1, Iron Man MK 5, Iron Man MK 41 and Iron Man MK 50 (plus Tony Stark face and hair elements to attach to your chosen Iron Man suit) and 2 Outrider action figures
- Iron Man Hall of Fame lab measures over 5 inches (13cm) high, 13 inches (35cm) wide and 6 inches (17cm) deep with modules in standard formation; Igor Suit Mech measures over 3 inches (9cm) high, 1 inches (5cm) long and 3 inches (9cm) wide
- 524 pieces- Iron Man toy set for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids; This LEGO Marvel Avengers Iron Man Hall of Armor 76125 building set for kids can be built together with all other original LEGO creative toys and LEGO bricks for creative play
- Recreate exciting action scenes from the Marvel Avengers movies with this buildable superhero toy
The main Starter Course set can used in conjunction with the LEGO Super Mario Expansion Sets. The latter can be used to unlock challenges and characters to play with and against friends. The first one is the Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion Set ($29.99) and Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set ($99.99) rounds out the line. Everything has modular builds, enabling fans to build exactly the LEGO level course they want to see Mario conquer. All are available for pre-order now, with set shipping on August 1st.
Super Mario has continued to appear, always in a form adapted to the current hardware of the time. I am thankful that in this project with the LEGO Group, Mario is jumping out of the digital world of game consoles and smart devices, and we are able to bring him into the world with a new, physical type of Mario play. It’s very exciting to think of LEGO Mario becoming a real friend to children and to picture them playing in their very own Mario world that they imagined themselves,” said Takashi Tezuka, Executive Officer and Game Producer of Nintendo Co., Ltd.