Japan’s GUNDAM FACTORY YOKOHAMA is preparing for its grand opening, and the main attraction is a life-sized mecha robot that stands 59-feet tall. This past week, it was seen taking its first steps while being suspended on Yokohama Yamashita Pier. Despite missing the head, the lights, torso, and leg mechanisms were all tested.
Weighing 25-tons, the completed robot will boast 24° of freedom, enabling it to walk around the pier. Head of design Jun Narita said all the types of material and motors needed special considerations otherwise a single hand could have weighed in at a whopping 1,300 pounds. Unfortunately, the preview event that was scheduled to take place this month has been cancelled due to COVID-19.
- An updated version of the freedom Gundam from mobile suit Gundam seed features stylized detail and proportion influenced from the mg RM Aile Strike Gundam
- All weapons have been carefully recreated including the beam rifle, beam sabers that can combine, Rail cannons, and Plasma cannons with added gimmicks
- Sliding armor panels in thighs and forearms and flip open hatches in wings allow new possible dynamic display options
- Display stand included, runner x16, dry transfer sheet, sticker sheet, and instruction manual
- Only product with affixed official Bluefin and Bandai Namco label has been thoroughly tested for safety and meets all North American consumer product safety regulations and entitles the purchaser to product support assistance