Photo credit: Let’s Go Digital
An Oppo rollable smartphone may be coming in 2022, or at least according to a utility patent, titled “display device”, that was published by the World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO) on November 4, 2021. The sketches show how the expandable display would work.
The company has not confirmed any of the technical specifications, but industrial designer Parvez Khan shows us what Oppo’s next-generation device could look like. Flip the smartphone around back, and you’ll see that there is a triple camera system, while the front-facing selfie camera is hidden beneath the screen. When not extended, it can easily fit in your pocket, but at the push of a button the screen expands. When can you expect it to be released? Well, the company is holding its annual INNO Day 2021 later this month, so January would be the earliest to see it in stores.
- EXPANSIVE SCREEN: See more and do more with the ultimate folding mobile phone screen that puts a super slim tablet right in your pocket
- NEARLY INVISIBLE CAMERA: Take in an incredible uninterrupted view with a true edge-to-edge viewing experience thanks to our first-ever Under Display Camera
- 120Hz AMOLED 2X SCREEN: Everything looks brilliant on this big, beautiful clear display offering a mesmerizing and dynamic viewing experience
- MULTIPLE WINDOWS GET MORE DONE: Start working smarter, not harder with three multi-windows* that allow you to schedule, edit, and build presentations in a snap — or take notes with the S Pen**
- HYPER FAST SPEED: Live life in the fast lane with built-in 5G connectivity and hyper-fast processing power