Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
You’ve probably seen plenty of foldable smartphones in recent times, but the OPPO Reno Flip 5G has a design unlike the competition. The company filed a utility patent with the WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) for a ‘foldable terminal’, and it was published on September 3, 2020. This mobile phone would have a rotating hinge with gears, along with a pair of cover plates that allow the housing to slide out.
The Reno’s hinge would measure slightly wider than the smartphone itself, thus making it possible to secure the phone at various points, similar to Flex mode on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip. Unfortunately, there’s no word yet on what kind of hardware it will have, but if this model follows similar devices in OPPO’s lineup, the smartphone could sport a triple rear camera setup, complete with a 5X Hybrid Zoom lens. Up front, there would be a hole-punch camera to make the display notchless.
- 6.53” FHD+ Dotch LCD display, powered by NXTVISION, will upgrade your visual experience with the sharper details, vibrant images and allow you to enjoy true-to-life color accuracy in everything you present.
- Quad rear cameras with dual LED flash: 48MP (high-res) + 8MP (118° super wide-angle) + 2MP (macro) + 2MP (depth). 16MP front-facing selfie camera.
- Up to 64GB of internal memory, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card (sold separately).
- Compatible with GSM carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile. This device is also certified for use on Verizon’s LTE network. If your device is not receiving messages or experiences an error when making phone calls on Verizon, your account may need to be provisioned to support “CDMA-less” devices. To do this, please contact Verizon’s technical support team or your account’s business representative for assistance. This device is not compatible with CDMA networks.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 665, Octa-core processor, and 6GB of RAM for a smooth performance.