Love pizza, but hate the wait? Meet Piestro, an artisan pizza vending machine. The company just announced that it is partnering with PopID, the facial recognition payment company, to offer consumers a faster, easier and safer way to pay using their face. This innovative cooking system is compatible with customizable recipes and stocked with the finest ingredients to produce a pizza that matches the artisanal flavor and ideal texture of local pizza classics in just three minutes.
Piestro not only allows customers to personalize their pizza with a variety of toppings, but it facilitates both ordering in person or using an app. Advanced robotics, precise dispensing, and temperature sensors, ensure that only the best quality pizzas are served. Each machine utilizes a complex temperature isolation system that keeps the toppings and dough at proper temperatures from the oven’s heating element.
- Rotating tray turns continuously to assure even baking.
- Top and bottom heating elements bake foods from both sides. Heating elements are separately controlled, allowing you to select top, bottom, or both elements for perfect results every time.
- Timer signals end of cooking time and automatically turns off heating elements.
- Saves as much as 60% in energy compared to a conventional oven.
- Removable nonstick baking pan is easy to clean and store.
Growing up in Italy, I developed a fascination and love for food that became more than a career – but a lifelong passion. Making the perfect bite come to life by bringing together the best flavors is a true art. Pizza is not just my favorite dish, but an expression of my culture and cultures the world over. Restaurateurs know it’s those one-of-a-kind recipes that continue to bring customers back. Our technology keeps the authenticity of recipes alive and ensures consistent taste and texture every time a pizza is dispensed. There is no reason we should lose the local recipes we’ve come to love or the ability to discover or create new favorites; we can bring automation to the industry and help businesses thrive,” said Massimo De Marco, CEO of Piestro.