Let’s face it, most of us throw out pizza boxes after we’re done eating the pie, but Pizza Hut may change that with their latest limited edition offering. They’re calling this campaign “Newstalgia,” and it puts a modern twist on celebrating all the things people love and associate with the PAC-MAN brand and iconic Pizza Hut pizzas. Those who managed to snag one of these boxes can play an augmented reality version of the game printed directly on the packaging.
Simply order a large pizza from Pizza Hut, scan the QR code on the limited-edition PAC-MAN box and play the AR game. To enter the sweepstakes for a chance to with a PAC-Man cabinet, follow the on-screen prompts to share your score with @PizzaHut on Twitter using #PizzaHutARcade #Sweepstakes. Regardless of your score, as long as you share it by April 3, you have a chance to win.
- Original Inspired Artwork - For a high quality and authentic retro look
- 2.75 Inch Full Color Display - For a premium nostalgic gaming experience
- Lightweight Compact Size - For a comfortable grip and hours of fun
- Audio Features - Includes front-facing speaker, volume controls, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Powered by Micro USB or 4 AAA Batteries - Sold separately
PAC-MAN’s design and creation was inspired by the shape of a pizza with a slice taken out of it, making this partnership so appropriate for the PAC-MAN brand. PAC-MAN games and Pizza Hut pizzas occupy a special place in many people’s memories; we’re excited to have the opportunity to create fun memories for a new generation of PAC-MAN and Pizza Hut fans through this collaboration,” said Yutaka Fuse, Head of Licensing and Branding at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.