Many investors are diversifying their portfolios with trading cards, and that has caused Pokemon TCG (Trading Card Game) to sky rocket in value. One such example of a high-valued card is this Blastoise #009/165R Commissioned Presentation Galaxy Star Holo, which is just one of two that exist in the world. It’s actually a commission by Wizards of the Coast in mid-1998 to Belguim-based Cartamundi to print these cards to show Nintendo for possible approval to begin printing Pokémon cards in English.
Not just one of two, this has been professionally graded by CGC to guarantee its authenticity. It received a grade of NM/Mint+ 8.5 by CGC, and if you’re wondering why there are four cards mentioned in the article, it’s because the other three are test prints with Magic: The Gathering card backs. One caveat: it’ll set you back at least $468,000 USD, and that’s not counting commission or shipping costs. More information here.
- Buildable 12-inch Pikachu
- Pikachu has articulated legs, arms, tail and ears for poseability
- Combine with other Pokemon construction sets from Mega Construx
- Build your Pokemon world, and Build Beyond!
- Multilingual (Publication Language)