Holographic displays have been around for quite some time, and it’s basically one that utilizes light diffraction to create a virtual three-dimensional image. Unlike standard 3D displays, they do not require you to wear any special glasses or external equipment to see the image. Samsung has taken this to the next level with their slim-panel holographic 4K display prototype. This cutting edge model can be viewed from various angles and outputs images in 4K resolution.
This display was made possible using an innovative new steering-backlight unit (S-BLU), a component that uses a beam deflector to redirect the backlight in a given direction, thus widening the viewing angle by 30-times compared to a traditional holographic display. The prototype measures just 4-inches thick and the 10.1-inch display projects holograms in 4K resolution at up to 30 frames per second.
- SUPERIOR VIEWING EXPERIENCE: Supporting 1920x1080 resolution, VANKYO Leisure 3 projector is powered by MStar Advanced Color Engine, which is ideal for home entertainment. 2020 upgraded LED lighting provides a superior viewing experience for you. (Not recommend for PowerPoint or other office presentation)
- MULTIMEDIA PORTABLE PROJECTOR: VANKYO Leisure 3 projector is perfect for video viewing, TV series watching as well as photo browsing. It can be easily connected to your smartphone, PS3, PS4, X-Box ONE or Wii to enjoy diversified games. A customized bag is designed for easy carry and convenient storage.
- BIG SCREEN SIZE: It provides a watching size from 32” to 170” with the projection distance between 4.9ft to 16.4ft. 6.5 ft is the recommended viewing distance and it’s straightforward to achieve a clear and regular image by the focus and keystone correction adjusting.
- FAN NOISE SUPPRESSION SYSTEM: VANKYO projectors are equipped with an innovative cooling system which contains heat dispersion and noise suppression technology that halves the fan sound. (Power input : 100V-240V 50/60Hz)
- SMARTPHONE CONNECTION AVAILABLE: Without installing any app, you can easily realize the smart-phone connection. An extra Lightning to HDMI adapter is needed for iPhone connection while Micro USB/Type C to HDMI adapter is needed for Android phone connection.(Adapter is sold separately)
For the real-time interactive holographic video display, the 3D image should be updated for the position of the viewer’s eyes which is detected by the eye-tracking sensor. An application software, such as a graphic rendering software, or a 3D camera generate 3D images that should be projected on the viewer’s retina plane,” said the researchers.