We have seen the future of electric race cars, and it includes the Subaru STI E-RA Concept. Revealed at the 2022 Tokyo Auto Salon, this ultra sleek EV comes equipped with four Yamaha-sourced electric motors, one near each wheel that make a combined 1,073 horsepower.
The four Yamaha electric motors are fed by a 60kWH lithium-ion battery, and the STI E-RA serves as a prototype to develop Subaru’s all-wheel-drive system for future motorsport (FIA E-GT). Next year, the automaker hopes to take it to the Nurburgring in Germany, with a goal to set a blistering fast lap time of 6 minutes 40 seconds. Unfortunately, we may not see a road legal version of the STI E-RA, or at least anytime soon.
- Build an icon of drag racing – Race car fans will love building and exploring this action-packed LEGO Technic Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (42138) drag race car toy set
- Pull-back function – With 2 pull-back motors, controlling this cool car toy is easy. Just pull back and then release to send your car speeding along
- Epic AR (augmented reality) experience – Use the LEGO Technic AR app to put the car to the test on a virtual racetrack. Check out the challenges for more fun ways to play
- Ideal for any drag racing fan aged 9+ – This muscle car toy building set makes a top gift for anyone who loves race cars, drag racing or AR toys
- Perfect size for play – This cool car toy measures over 3 in. (8 cm) high, 10.5 in. (27 cm) long and 4.5 in. (12 cm) wide
The STI E-RA CONCEPT is a concept model of the STI E-RA electric race car being developed under STI’s near-future motorsport study project, the STI E-RA CHALLENGE PROJECT, launched with the aim of gathering experience with new technologies in the world of motorsports for the carbon-neutral era,” said the automaker.