Previously a nuclear missile launch facility somewhere in Kansas, the Survival Condo is a multi-million doomsday bunker that descends 200-feet into the ground and spans 15 floors. It can withstand a nuclear blast to catastrophic weather events. Once you step inside the fortified entrance, there’s plenty of living spaces, heat / energy sources, food / medical supplies and many luxurious you’d expect on the surface.
Some of the extras include a movie theater with a bar, an exercise room, complete with sauna, a full recreational area, an indoor swimming pool, climbing wall and yes, a small place for your pets to run around. However, peace of mind doesn’t come cheap, as a basic residence, or half of one floor, sets you back a cool $1-million. Or, if you decide to splurge, $3-million gets you an entire floor.
- 5.1 digital surround sound: Hear every detail in your Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks the way the studio intended. Sub woofer: 165 Watts
- THX certified home theater speakers: Your assurance of true cinema quality sound. Satellites : 4 x 67 W, wall mountable
- Delivers a continuous 500 watts of power, with the ability to deliver a peak of 1,000 watts under certain circumstances: Thunderous, room shaking audio with deep bass you can feel
- Flexible setup: Connect upto six devices : Computer, music player, TV, game console and more; Infared remote
- Easy sound control: Compact control console and wireless remote let you instantly personalize your surround sound experience
If the end of the world is actually upon us, and you end up hunkering down here, there’s a $2,500 monthly service fee that covers utilities as well as other necessities, like electricity, water and food.