Volocopter’s full-sized VoloCity electric flying taxi prototype has just completed its maiden voyage after previously logging 1,500 test flights in the past decade. This electric aircraft comes equipped with 18 rotors connected to 18 electric motors, all powered by 9 rechargeable batteries.
You won’t see this flying from New York City to London, as it’s designed for short city trips of up to 22 miles at a top speed of 62 mph. Most importantly, its batteries can be swapped out in a mere 5-minutes, making it perfect for getting to and from sporting events or just the office. There are two seats and just enough space for carry-on luggage after summoning the aircraft with a smartphone.
- Light as a Smartphone - Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 249 grams, DJI Mini SE is roughly the same weight as the smartphone. In the United States and Canada, you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the local government.
- Capture on the Go - The lightweight and powerful DJI Mini SE camera drone is the ideal for creators on the move. The ultra-portable design allows you to effortlessly capture moments in unforgettable ways.
- More Time in the Sky - DJI Mini SE's weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer drones on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery.
- Capture the Detail - DJI Mini SE supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear ultra-smooth footage.
- Upgraded Wind Resistance - DJI Mini SE can resist 29-38kph winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
Today, we celebrate a remarkable achievement: the culmination of our aspiration to create a better future in which electric aircraft and emission-free flights are the new dimension of global mobility. As Volocopter taxis toward this new frontier, it will make urban flights just a few smartphone clicks away. These moments demonstrate how our pioneering spirit will bring our vision to life before our very eyes,” said the company.