Serial numbered 00004, this 2004 Ford GT pre-production unit, called Confirmation Prototype 1 (CP-1), was used exclusively by the automaker for emissions testing and road certification purposes. Sporting a black finish with white side stripes, it’s powered by a supercharged 5.4-liter V8, mated to a six-speed manual transaxle.
Unlike the production model, the CP-1 comes equipped with a carbon-fiber rear clamshell, a port on the lower passenger side of the car for testing various grades of fuel, experimental exhaust pipes that were used during emissions testing, an aluminum headliner, and an exposed rear bumper. This ultra rare vehicle was purchased by a collector directly from Ford in 2008 and was then acquired by the selling dealer 8-years-later. There are 1,212 miles on the odometer and certified for off-road use only in New York. A previous listing on Bring a Trailer failed to meet the reserve, which could be considerably higher than the $500,000 bid when it ended. More information here.
- Authentic Mustang Replica - Exclusive 1960s Ford Mustang model with dark-blue bodywork, white racing stripes, and new special elements.
- Special Elements Included - 5-spoke rims, 2x8 brick with bow, 1x3 Mustang logo tile, 2x4 bow with ‘GT’ mark, and Ford Mustang V8 engine with many details.
- Customizable Car Kit - Enhance your model with the included supercharger, rear ducktail spoiler, beefy exhaust pipes, front chin spoiler, and a nitrous oxide tank.
- USAGE: The Light Set is used to light up Creator Expert Ford Mustang (NOT include the Lego Set).
- PORDUCT FEATURE: The Light is made use of original material purely handmade. It contains 1 USB Light kit ,Instruction guide, battery box. Plug in power, and light up your building blocks with our amazing design!
- TIPS: Use small Tweezers and three AAA Batteries, or USB Charger and Voltage should be less than 5V to avoid burning.
The first-generation GT was designed by Camilo Pardo as an homage to the Le Mans-winning race cars of the 1960s, and this prototype was the first functional example built. The body is finished in black with a #5406 designation on the front bumper, white side stripes, and GT-branding on both doors,” said the listing.