At first glance from quite afar, this may look like a Ferrari F50, but upon closer inspection, auto enthusiasts will realize this is just a modified Pontiac Fiero. Since this probably fooling anyone on the street, it does have some nice wheels, RAYS Volks TE37s to be exact.
You read that right, it’s based on a 1985 Pontiac Fiero GT with fully custom bodywork, including an extended chassis. The seller says that around $80,000 worth of work went into the build, complete with a custom black interior. There is some chipping on the fiberglass as well as tire rubbing during full lock, but on the bright side, there are fresh brake rotors / pads all around as well as a new starter. Unfortunately (or fortunately), there is not even one bid on eBay with the minimum set at $20,000 USD, which could be due in part to the fact that the seller will not include the TE37s, but rather “Ferrari” wheels. More information here.
- Immerse yourself in the exciting world of endurance racing, creating your own displayable LEGO Technic model version of the iconic Ferrari 488 GTE racing car
- Authentic features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons and functioning steering wheel
- With original race stickers and a faithful color scheme, the LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125) will take pride of place in the home or office of any motorsport fan
- A rewarding building project for adults and an inspired birthday or special occasion gift for anyone who loves endurance racing, Ferrari racing cars and motorsport
- Model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19 in. (48 cm) long and 8.5 in. (21 cm) wide