California-based electric vehicle startup Humble Motors has unveiled their all-new SUV, possibly the first with a solar roof. That’s right, instead of a traditional glass roof this vehicle boasts over 80 square feet of engineered photovoltaic cells that capture sunlight and transform it into energy, capable of increasing driving range by nearly 60 miles a day. Humble One measures 198 inches long, or shorter than the Tesla Cybertuck, while weighing in at a mere 4,000 pounds, compared to 5,000 – 6,500 pounds for the latter.
Simply put, it’s been engineered to be as light as possible without sacrificing comfort. To date, they’ve received over $20 million in reserved pre-orders, and its US reservations increased 426% just last month at a time that other electric vehicle overall US sales only grew by 12%.
- Solar charger, as long as there is enough sunlight, four high-conversion solar charging panels can be continuously charged. Its solar power is 12W and the input current is 1.5A.Under ideal conditions the conversion rate of solar charging can reach 116% of the charging speed of 5V1A charging plug, which can be described as a must-have for outdoor.
- Solar power bank 38800mAh large battery, let you get rid of the anxiety of battery power anytime and anywhere.
- Solar power bank has a wireless charging function, 2 USB output ports, can charge up to 3 devices at the same time. Note: Only Qi-enabled devices are compatible with wireless charging.
- Power bank is waterproof,drop-proof and dust-proof, and can still work normally in extreme environments.
- Solar power bank has a built-in smart chip that can automatically identify and be compatible with different devices, convert fluctuating voltage into stable voltage, stabilize the device, and ensure safe use.
We think solar is the future of mobility and that solar-powered electric vehicles are the clear next step to tackling carbon neutrality in the transportation ecosystem,” said Dima Steesy, Humble founder.