France-based MACA unveils Carcopter, a hydrogen-powered flying vehicle that they hope one day can compete in a future racing series. This idea comes from the minds of ex-fighter pilot Thierry de Boisvilliers and former Airbus executive Michael Krollak, making its debut at the virtual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2021. A miniature prototype was shown during the event that measured slightly over 8-feet and powered by six 35kW electric motors.
A production model that measures 16-feet in length is currently being developed, powered by hydrogen fuel cells enabling it to hit a top speed of 153mph in the air. To keep drivers / pilots safe, it will come equipped with an autonomous system should anything go wrong. It’s expected to launch at the end of this year at various F1 circuits around the world, and eventually Circuit de la Sarthe (Circuit 24 Hours of Le Mans) in France by 2023.
- 【PACK LIGHT, FLY FREE】: at less than 249 g, it weighs about as much as an apple and fits in the palm of your hand. compact and convenient, this small drone is your ideal travel companion, transforming how you capture your favorite memories.
- 【3-AXIS GIMBAL WITH 4K CAMERA】: a 12mp camera in the sky delivers content guaranteed to impress. along with 4k/30fps video and a 3-axis motorized gimbal, mini 2 ensures stunning image quality that is consistently smooth no matter how adventurous your piloting gets.
- 【OCUSYNC 2.0 VIDEO TRANSMISSION】: mini 2 supports up to 10km of hd video transmission and has excellent anti-interference capabilities, giving you the ability to fly farther and see clearer.
- 【POWERFUL PERFORMANCE】: with a max battery life of 31 minutes, dji mini 2 grants more than enough time to compose the perfect shot. mini 2 can resist level 5 winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
- 【4X ZOOM】: there’s no need to get so close for your dream shot. 4x digital zoom makes it safer and more convenient when transitioning between shots of varying distance and composition. Operating Frequency 2.400-2.4835 GHz, 5.725-5.850 GHz