The LEGO Technic (42141) McLaren Formula 1 Race Car is a must have for any racing fan, as it’s not just a static set. It’s modeled after its real-life counterpart, complete with a V6 cylinder engine that boasts moving pistons, steering that can be activated from the cockpit, as well as a suspension and a differential lock.
This set consists of 1,432 pieces and stands over 5-inches tall, 25.5-inches long and 10.5-inches wide. For added authenticity, the model even sports multiple sponsor stickers, including Gulf, Splunk and Cisco Webex. If you’re interested in picking one up before the 2022 F1 season starts, you can head over to a LEGO store on March 1st or pick one up directly from the company’s website, priced at $179.99 USD.
- Build a Formula E racing icon – Motorsport fans will love building this LEGO Technic Formula E Porsche 99X Electric (42137) set
- Augmented reality – Download the LEGO Technic AR app to scan the model. Then use the pull-back function to launch the car using your foot and see it come to life in exciting races
- Pull-back function – Using the 2 pull-back motors, kids can judge how much energy to put into the car toy before making the perfect start to the race using the trigger
- A coolway to play – The pull-back function combines with the LEGO Technic AR app. After scanning the car in the app, pull it back by hand then use your foot to launch the car and watch the result
- Authentic design – This buildable model Porsche is an authentic model replica of the real-life Formula E Porsche race car, complete with sponsor logos
We are excited to unveil the unique LEGO Technic model of our McLaren F1 car, a fun and engaging product that celebrates our 2021 season livery while giving fans a hands-on interpretation of the new 2022 F1 car design. This has been made possible by an agile collaboration with the LEGO Group team, who have truly embraced the spirit of our brave and bold approach to design. The final product looks fantastic, and we cannot wait to make this available to our fans,” said James Key, Executive Director, Technical, McLaren Racing.