CarWOW recently pit all seven generations of Porsche 911 Turbo vehicles against each other in a drag racing showdown for the ages. This includes the 930 Turbo (1978-89), 964 Turbo (1991-94), 993 Turbo (1996-97), 997.1 Turbo (2007-2009), 997.2 Turbo (2010 – 2012), and the 991 Turbo (2013-2019).
When was the very first Porsche 911 Turbo released? It all started back in 1975, when turbocharging was introduced to the Porsche 911. Since the MY 1975 launched, best known as the 911 Turbo (initially named internally as the 930), it’s been the top-of-the-line 911 model. Featuring sleek flared rear wings, which added an extra 12cm in width, black stone guard film in front of the rear wheel arches, and a rear lid that sport a large rear wing with a wide black hard-rubber border.
- Escape from the everyday with this thrilling building project. The LEGO Porsche 911 (10295) model car building kit is the perfect set for adults looking for their next hands-on project
- Explore all the Porsche 911 features including the rear-mounted, air-cooled flat-six engine, working steering, gearshift, emergency brake and tilting seats
- Which will you choose to build? The Turbo model with its turbocharged engine or the Targa with a removable roof that can be stored under the hood
- The Porsche 911 Turbo model car features a wide rear axle, an integrated spoiler, plus a turbocharged engine complete with intercooler
- The Porsche 911 Targa model car includes a removable roof that fits in the hood plus the iconic Targa bar with rear glass behind the driver