New York City’s highly touted Serendipity 3 restaurant is known for their many extravagant food creations, but one you may not expect is “The Quintessential Grilled Cheese Sandwich”. At $214, it’s currently the world’s most expensive and after seeing the ingredients, you’ll definitely know why.
Even if you don’t mind splurging, orders for this sandwich must be placed 48-hours in advance. Why? It starts off with freshly baked French bread that is baked with Dom Perignon champagne and 23-karat gold throughout. The sandwich is then filled with caciocavallo podolico, a rare cheese imported from southern Italy, before the buttered bread is brushed with a mixture of white truffle oil as well as gold flakes for extra crisp. It’s then placed in a panini press for four minutes, and once removed, the sides are encrusted with sheets of edible 23-karat gold.
- Quick and easy: This breakfast sandwich maker cooks your custom sandwich in just 5 minutes; Perfect for brunch or a quick, healthy meal on the go.
- 4 easy steps: 1. Add bread and pre cooked meat or cheese to the bottom layer. 2. Add egg to the egg plate. 3. Top egg with 2nd slice of bread. 4. Slide egg plate out and remove sandwich.
- Create a custom sandwich: whether you’re looking for low carb or protein packed, our Complimentary breakfast maker recipe book puts plenty of fun and delicious meals right at your fingertips. Eliminate the bread and these are great for keto and Paleo diets too.
- Great gift: Perfect gift for Christmas, birthdays, Father's Day, Mother's Day, graduation, back to school and more
- Easy clean up: All removable parts on this breakfast maker are dishwasher safe.
It’s like a grilled cheese on steroids. I think it’s worth it. It has the best ingredients in the world,” said Joe Calderone, the Serendipity chef who invented the sandwich to CNBC’s “Secret Lives of the Super Rich”.