It’s official, the very first eVTOL drag race has been completed for Airspeeder’s EXA Series. It consisted of two remotely-flown Alauda Aeronautics Mk3 Speeders pit against each other on a 300m drag strip somewhere in South Australia.
These racing multi-copters are developed in-house at Airspeeder’s advanced aerospace engineering hub in Adelaide, South Australia by engineers drawn from elite motorsports, automotive, aviation, FPV / passenger drone, electric plane, and electric vehicles backgrounds. The production models will be manned, and aim to define a new era in advanced air mobility (AAM).
- IMMERSIVE FLIGHT EXPERIENCE: Feel the thrill of immersive flight provided by the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV’s super-wide 150° FOV, giving you an ultra-smooth, real-time view of your flight.
- 4K/60FPS VIDEO: The DJI FPV aircraft can record 4K/60fps video at up to 120 Mbps, capturing crisp details that make footage look as exhilarating as the flight.
- BRAND-NEW S MODE: Get the dynamic look of FPV footage easily in S mode. This hybrid flight mode combines the freedom of flying manually with the simplified controls of previous DJI drones.
- ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES: An auxiliary bottom light, Smart Return to Home (RTH), Low Battery RTH, and forward and downward obstacle sensing are all integrated into DJI FPV to help ensure a safe flight, even at high speeds.
- OCUSYNC 3.0 TRANSMISSION SYSTEM: Enjoy crystal-clear real-time and HD Low-Latency Transmission video, even at distances of up to 6.2 miles.
We are proud to make history by introducing the world’s first racing series for flying electric cars. EXA delivers on the promise of a future first shown in science fiction. We are proud to introduce a sport that redefines what humans and machines can achieve together,” said Matt Pearson, Airspeeder and Alauda, Founder.