Drones are nothing new, but there are only a handful of passenger models under development, including the WatFly Atlas. It’s basically an electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft equipped with a single seat. This passenger drone is expected to launch some time next year, and will most likely require certification or special license to fly.
At $150K, most will not be able to afford one, but for those lucky few, this carbon fiber aircraft is going to be a delight to fly. Weighing a mere 285-pounds, it stands 8.2 feet tall and has a wingspan of 15 feet. Electricity was chosen as the method of propulsion due to it being quieter and offering faster control inputs. Collision-avoidance systems and an emergency parachute aims to keep the pilot safe in case of emergency.
- The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini camera drone is the perfect creative companion, capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary
- Weighing less than 0.55lbs by 250 grams, Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone. In the United States and Canada, you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the government
- Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear, Ultra-smooth footage
- Mavic Mini’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery
- DJI Fly App requires iOS v10.0, Android v6.0 or above. Compatible devices include: iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, S10, S9 Plus, S9 , S8 Plus, S8, S7 edge, S7, S6, Note9, Note8, Huawei P30 Pro, P30, P20, P10, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 10, nova 5, nova 4, nova 3e, nova 2, Honor 8X, 10, 9, 20 Pro, Magic 2, Mi 8, MIX 2S, MIX 2, Redmi Note 5, Oppo Find X, R15, Vivo NEX, X27, X21, X20A, OnePlus 7, 6T, 5, Pixel 3 XL, 2 XL, 2, LG V20, LG G6
The Watfly Atlas has a top speed of 125 mph and load capacity of 250-pounds. Fortunately, its battery packs can fully recharge in two hours, which is good for 1-hour of flight or 15-minutes hovering.