The LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” celebrated a milestone as being the company’s first model to take on the legendary Modena circuit in Italy. This was achieved by installing a brick version of the supercar on a real Ferrari 488 GTE, driven by Giancarlo Fisichella, Ferrari Competizioni GT’s official driver.
A special rig was required to mount the LEGO model onto the front of the race car, consisting of a mechanical arm specifically designed for this occasion. Then they used 8 cameras and 2 drones to film everything when the model launched at full speed onto a real racetrack, from just about every point of view. The LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE managed to reach a top speed of 129 mph.
- A stunning build for supercar fans, the LEGO Technic McLaren Senna GTR 42123 model building kit is packed with realistic details inspired by the iconic original
- Check out this supercar toy model’s authentic features, like the detailed V8 engine with moving pistons and dihedral doors that open ‘up and out' in the unmistakable style of the real McLaren
- Enjoy steering the McLaren toy car using the wheel on top
- This set makes a great choice for kids aged 10 and up who’d love to build and display their own McLaren race car
- This awesome track-focused supercar toy model looks great on display and is sure to capture the imagination of any kid or adult with a passion for supercars, motorsport and McLaren
The LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE is packed with authentic features and beautiful design elements from the original racing car model. It is so similar to the real one, and all that it needed to really come alive was to be able to speed through a real racing car circuit and today it has happened! As a true LEGO fan and motor racing lover, I couldn’t miss this special event and it was really exciting to take part in this great project with our partner Ferrari,” said Camillo Mazzola, Marketing Director at the LEGO Group Italy.